Knowledgeable Attorneys Help You with Social Security Disability in New York City, Long Island and Westchester
Experienced counsel on SSDI in New York YORK CITY, LONG ISLAND and WESTCHESTER
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) is a federal program providing benefits and relief to eligible disabled workers. The Social Security Administration estimates a 20-year-old American worker has a three-in-ten chance of experiencing disability prior to retirement age. If you are a worker facing disability, understanding SSDI is important.
As an experienced SSDI law firm in Long Island, Kassoff, Robert & Lerner, LLP represents disabled workers navigating the disability claims and appeals process. Though common, denial of payments is upsetting and delays needed benefits. If you have difficulty with Social Security benefits, our law firm can help.
Understanding your Social Security benefits
Anyone who pays employment taxes expects the SSDI process in New York to work for them if they become disabled. Unlike state workers’ compensation programs, SSDI provides benefits only for specifically defined total disability.
Application for Social Security disability is complicated, frustrating and requires legal experience at the appeals level. We provide compassionate support, strategic representation and information in the following areas:
• SSDI Process: Offering informed assistance carrying out needed steps to obtain SSDI benefits
• SSDI Claims: Getting your application right the first time helps avoid delays in SSDI approval
• SSDI Appeals: We provide experienced help moving through the SSDI appeals process to achieve approval of benefits
• SSI & Medicaid: Because SSDi recipients automatically qualify for Medicare after two years, our attorneys offer assistance obtaining and coordinating benefits from resources like SSI and Medicaid
• Long-Term Disability Insurance & SSDI: We help you understand the differences between and benefits of disability assistance programs
• Common SSDI Myths: Understanding common misconceptions about Social Security disability is important Some medical conditions automatically qualify for SSDI; if yours does not, we work to get you qualified
• Retirement and overpayment: We help you understand changes in status and requests to reimburse SSDI for overpayment
Adapting to a disability is never easy. When you need information and help obtaining eligible benefits, speak to our law firm. We put families and futures first.
Contact a trusted Social Security disability attorney in Long Island for a free initial consultation
Disability impacts life for individuals and their families in many ways. If you are having difficulty obtaining SSDI benefits, Kassoff, Robert & Lerner, LLP provides unsurpassed representation throughout the SSDI application and appeals process.